Player (via Podomatic feed):
Direct mp3 Download (right click and "save as")
** Due to some computer issues in the FuseBox Radio Broadcast lab we just got repaired, we just wanted to give our listeners something to listen to with a bonus flashback episode from a few year's back...enjoy! **
This is a special extra flashback episode of the syndicated FuseBox Radio Broadcast with DJ Fusion & Jon Judah (aka Ausar Ra Black Hawk) for the week of March 26, 2014 (originally broadcast on March 30, 2011) with some new and classic Hip-Hop & Soul Music, news and commentary.
Our commentary during that week focused on the latest updates with the after effects of the earthquake + tsunami in Japan, the recent U.N. intervention in Libya news, the possible upcoming U.S. government shutdown due to budget issues and why it's just ridiculous how politicians are dragging this along, the re-birth of the "Birther" fake controversy with President Barack Obama and some other diverse topics here and there.
We also had a great interview with Forbes magazine staff writer Zack O'Malley Greenburg about the creative inspiration, work & drama behind his latest book, "Empire State of Mind: How Jay-Z Went From Street Corner to Corner Office".
From the book's website (http://www.JayZBook.com):
Empire State of Mind tells the story behind Jay-Z’s rise to the top as told by the people who lived it with him–from classmates at Brooklyn’s George Westinghouse High School; to the childhood friend who got him into the drug trade; to the DJ who convinced him to stop dealing and focus on music. This book explains just how Jay-Z propelled himself from the bleak streets of Brooklyn to the heights of the business world.
Zack O’Malley Greenburg draws on his one-on-one interviews with hip-hop luminaries such as DJ Clark Kent, Questlove of The Roots, Damon Dash, Fred “Fab 5 Freddy” Brathwaite, MC Serch; NBA stars Jamal Crawford and Sebastian Telfair; and recording industry executives including Craig Kallman, CEO of Atlantic Records, to paint a tantalizing portrait of a very private mogul. Greenburg also reveals new information on Jay-Z’s various business dealings, such as:
* The feature movie about Jay-Z and his first basketball team that was filmed by Fab 5 Freddy in 2003 but never released.
* The Jay-Z branded Jeep that was scrapped just before going into production.
* The real story behind his association with Armand de Brignac champagne.
* The financial ramifications of his marriage to Beyonce.
Feel free to check out some recent episodes of the syndicated FuseBox Radio Broadcast over at our official blog, BlackRadioIsBack.com - all of the shows are clean/radio friendly.
FuseBox Radio Playlist for the Week of March 26, 2014 (originally broadcast on March 30, 2011)
Top Spins (Music Still Lasting in Rotation/Music Played Live on Air Each Week/As Well As Music Requested By The Listeners)
1. Pharoahe Monch/Let My People Go/W.A.R. Media & Duck Down Records (Played Live)
2. Marsha Ambrosius/Butterflies/J Records (Played Live)
3. Illvibe Collective/Medicine Man/Soulspaszm & Fat Beats
4. L*A*W/Brooklyn!/Planet 12 Productions (Played Live)
5. Pro'Verb feat. yU of Diamond District/Too Hip-Hop/White Label (http://www.AllProAllDay.bandcamp.com) (Top Song Requested)
6. Tai Allen + Vicelounge/Canned Goods (It's Love, Love Mash)/Vicelounge & Record Breakin' Music (Top Song Requested)
7. Blueprint/So Alive/Rhymesayers (Top Song Requested)
8. Phil Ade/Use To Be/368 Music Group (Top Song Requested)
9. J-DaVey/Lazy Daze/White Label (http://www.JDaveyBaby.com) (Top Song Requested)
10. Mary Mary/Walking/C2 & Columbia (Top Song Requested)
11. The Villains 21/Heaven For The Wicked/White Label (http://www.myspace.com/thevillains21) (Top Song Requested)
12. Bilal/Levels/Plug Research (Top Song Requested)
13. Stalley feat. Rashad/Slapp/Res Ent. & Milq Music
14. Elucid/Dream On/Discord Research Labs (Top Song Requested)
15. Iyadonna/Actress/32 Track Productions (Top Song Requested)
16. Tiffany Paige feat. Jay ARE/Relax ur Mind/Beatvizion (Top Song Requested)
17. Leila Adu/Sick Department Store/Tracce/Rai Trade, Little Red Hen & Frizz Records (Top Song Requested)
18. Saigon feat. Faith Evans/Clap/Suburban Noize (Top Song Requested)
19. Lupe Fiasco/All Black Everything/Atlantic (Top Song Requested)
20. Dirty Vegas/Electric Love (Alex Tepper ReMix)/Om Records (Top Song Requested)
21. Kyle Rapps feat. Joell Ortiz/Hard Knock Children/Mayehm Ent. (Top Song Requested)
22. Wise Intelligent as Djezuz Jonez/Water Walker/Intelligent Muzik (Top Song Requested)
23. Blu/Amnesia/Nature Sounds (Top Song Requested)
24. The Go! Team/Bust-Out Brigade/Memphis Industries (Top Song Requested)
25. PiEl/Sync/PeilMusic.com (Top Song Requested)
Top Adds (New Joints Played Live On This Week's Broadcast)
1. R.E.K.S. feat. Lil' Fame of M.O.P./Cigarettes/Brick Records & Showoff
2. Robert Koch & John Robinson/Channeling/Project Mooncircle
3. Sizzla feat. Anthony Red Rose/Mr. Right/White Label
4. Floyd Lawson/Roof Top Sugar/Record Kicks
DJ Fusion Flashback Tracks:
Del The Funky Homosapien/Wrong Place/Elektra
A Tribe Called Quest feat. Raphael Saadiq & Faith Evans/Stressed Out RMX/Jive
Jay-Z feat. Nas/Success/White Label
PLUS Some Extra Special Hidden Tracks in the Jon Judah (aka Ausar Ra Black Hawk) Master Mix w/ Old School Black Music Classics and Independent Music Finds
Current FuseBox Radio Broadcast Radio & Internet Affiliates
(as of this week): http://bit.ly/FuseBoxRadioBroadcastAffiliates
Subscribe to get the weekly episodes of the syndicated FuseBox Radio Broadcast with DJ Fusion & Jon Judah!
Listen to the latest weekly episodes of the syndicated FuseBox Radio Broadcast w/DJ Fusion & Jon Judah via Stitcher Radio!
Listen to the latest weekly episodes of the syndicated FuseBox Radio Broadcast w/DJ Fusion & Jon Judah via Tune In Radio!